Various Terminologies

CASA - Computer Aided Semen Analysis



CASA as the name suggest for the Male partner. In simple words it is a test done to check the quality of the little fellows you body makes that need to swim up through the tide and fertilize!!!

The process well is rather simple. You will need to abstain for a couple of days and show up on a Thursday about noon-ish. The place where this test is done is next to the pathology lab. Dr Giri will be the consulting physician. First he will collect your history for his file and also do a small check up.


Then you are asked to take a small plastic jar and head to one of the rooms near by. There you will retrieve your semen. Once this is done you hand it over to him. One point to note here is that while you are busy extracting the little ones there would be another patient consulting with him. So while you are done with this little plastic container in you hand waiting I am sure you would be little embarrassed!!! All you have to do is just knock on the door and drop it on his table.


After about 15 minutes he will call you inside and you will see the little fellows running around on the computer screen.


The whole thing should not take more than 45 minutes at the most.

For More information regarding CASA please refer to the link below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks much for this info - helped us a lot. Very kind of you to share your experiences and thereby, help others too.

Prashanthfertility said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first
comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep
visiting this blog very often. I am an IVF treatment in Chennai.
I feel great after reading this information. Please make update I will be regular rss to this site.
ivf centres in chennai